The Johnson Partnership The Johnson Partnership The Johnson Partnership The Johnson Partnership The Johnson Partnership The Johnson Partnership
The Johnson Partnership
The Johnson Partnership
The Johnson Partnership
The Johnson Partnership1212 NE 65th St., Seattle, WA 98115  206-523-1618

UW More Hall Annex/Nuclear Reactor Building

Return to Stewardship Portfolio

In 2016 we prepared a report for the Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS) for the More Hall Annex/Nuclear Reactor Building on the University of Washington campus. We created measured drawings of the building, prepared extensive report on the building's historic and architectural significance, and coordinate large-format photographs of the interior and exterior. 

The More Hall Annex was designed by a collective known as The Architect Artist Group (TAAG), consisting of the architects Wendell Lovett, Daniel Streissguth, and Gene Zema; art professor Spencer Moseley; landscape architect Robert Chittock; and structure engineer and professor Gerard Torrence. Construction began in 1960 and was completed in 1961. Stylistically, the building was an example of Brutalism, given its heavy massing and exposed concrete, and had a plinth base. 

The materials currently reside in the Prints and Photographs Division of the Library of Congress. You can read more about HABS and search the database of almost 40,000 historic sites and structures here