± 1,020 sq. ft, Seattle, Washington
New Home Design Brief
Design a lakeside cabana that doubles as a guest house, referencing the main house–designed by noted Seattle architect Arthur Loveless (and remodeled by Studio TJP).
- A paved path leads to a private Lake Washington dock and beach
- Patio dining by the outdoor fireplace and hot tub
- A cozy great room featuring a stone fireplace
- Dining area adjacent to an efficient kitchenette
- A dreamy sleeping loft and bath
Manufactured off-site, the walls and roofs are made of Structural Insulated Panels and were delivered to the site by barge once the foundation was complete. Structural Insulated Panels are highly energy efficient because they have no internal studs, therefore eliminating thermal bridging.
Photographs by Andrew Buchanan