±1,000 sq. ft. with ±280 sq. ft. basement garage, Cannon Beach, Oregon
New Home Design Brief
Create a cozy, coastal, two-bedroom vacation cabin that can be passed down from generation to generation.
- The tower, reminiscent of a coastal lighthouse, offers a 300° view and captures the breeze on summer nights
- Custom storage and seating features include reading nooks, benches built into the front porch railing, and a built-in couch that doubles as a bed
- Refined nautical design details throughout
- A wraparound shelf in the main room was designed to house the client’s beer bottle collection.
- The house meets Oregon State’s strict codes for energy efficiency, plus structural codes for the high ocean winds.
Photographs by Studio TJP