TJP in the DJC
The Daily Journal of Commerce has written about our recent business transition and the new downtown Palihotel, a project which we’ve been working on for years as preservation planning consultants:
Photo by Ellen F. C. Mirro
The 96-room Palihotel opened last year in a rehabbed 1895 building in downtown Seattle.
The Johnson Partnership senior associates Howard L. Miller, Steve M. Campbell and Ellen F. C. Mirro have acquired the Seattle architecture firm from Larry E. Johnson, who founded it in 1979.
In a press release, they said the transition to a limited liability corporation was prompted by Johnson’s desire for the business to continue as he moves toward retirement, and also acknowledges the commitment of senior employees.
The new owners are now principals and Johnson is principal emeritus. Terms of the deal were not released.
The six-person firm provides general and historic preservation architecture and historic resource services. The office is at 1212 N.E. 65th St.
Recent projects include preservation planning for the Palihotel (the former Colonnade Hotel/Gatewood Apartments) at First and Pine in Seattle. That work included the city landmark nomination, listing on the National Register of Historic Places, and assistance with local landmarks approvals and federal tax credits.
Gensler was the architect, Coughlin Porter Lundeen the structural engineer and JTM Construction the general contractor.
The Johnson Partnership is designing an expansion of Lewith Home, which provides housing in Lake Forest Park for low-income women. Also on the team are Swenson Say Faget, structural engineer; Wetlands Resources, environmental consultant; Eastside Consultants, civil engineer; and Geotech Consultants, geotechnical engineer.